What is a Professional Makeup Service?
Have you ever had a big event, and you know you will need professional help with your makeup? Be it a wedding, prom, business speaking event, gala, you name it, having a professional makeup service apply your makeup really can make a huge difference in your final appearance. There is an art to makeup application. Sure, plenty of people will do their makeup at home, but for that significant event or celebration, why not treat yourself and have a professional cosmetician do it?
These are people who are trained in the fine art of makeup application. Picture it, your wedding day. You've spent a great deal of money on the venue, the band, your dress, and yet your makeup seems to fall flat. Now picture that same scenario in which you go to a spa or salon and have your makeup professionally done. What does that picture look like?
What can I Expect from A Professional Makeup Service?
So what can you expect when you book your salon/spa appointment for professional makeup? You will first consult with a highly experienced cosmetician. This is someone who's worked on numerous faces for numerous occasions. They understand the nuances of shading, color, and tone. In most cases, their application techniques cannot be duplicated at home.
Regardless of your culture, ethnicity, and background, the cosmetician understands the relevant makeup techniques needed to make you look stunning! You will review makeup options and determine what scenarios will work best for your "big night." Different occasions call for various makeup applications, after all. Nighttime makeup for a glamorous party will be pretty different from business-forward makeup.
Types of Professional Makeup Applications
When would you visit a salon or a spa to have your makeup professionally done? Below are a few more popular occasions for which clients opt to have makeup applied by a professional.
- Wedding – Perhaps the most popular in terms of people going to have their makeup done, your wedding day is an event captured on film, in photographs, and pretty much every other way you can imagine. Don't you want to look your absolute best for your makeup? There is no second chance at the right lipstick, or the perfect eye shadow.
- Prom – Another big event when people come into a salon or spa to do their makeup is prom. You've spent hours searching for that perfect dress—now you need the makeup to match!
- A night out – Who said using a professional makeup service had to be for a special occasion. A date night or a night on the town with the girls is a great excuse to pamper yourself and have your makeup done.
- Business event – One of the biggest mistakes people make regarding makeup applications is using "night" makeup for a business event. If you want your business face to look perfect for a speech or conference, then it is a good idea to have your makeup done.
- Special celebration – From birthday parties to anniversaries to graduations, there are all sorts of events and reasons to treat yourself and have your makeup done at a spa or salon.
- Photoshoot – Maybe you're getting new headshots. You could be doing a professional modeling shoot. Whatever the reason, having your makeup professionally done before your photoshoot is an absolute must.
How do I get a Professional Beauty Consultation?
The great thing about a professional makeup service is that most will first offer you a professional beauty consult. Of course, everyone's skin, features, and overall look are different. This means that makeup applications are going to vary widely.
A cosmetician will need to talk to you to get a sense of what you are looking for, assess your skin and features and determine the best makeup applications for you. They'll likely ask you questions regarding your everyday makeup-wearing habits as well as about the event for which you are preparing. Together you'll choose colors, products and you will discuss the best way in which to apply these to your face.
Bring Some Inspiration for your Professional Makeup Artist
When you get your hair done, you might bring inspirational pictures to show the hairstylist. You can do the same as working with a professional makeup artist. Check out Pinterest for makeup ideas and designs that inspire you. Collect pictures on your phone to show to the cosmetician working on you. This will give them a better idea of what you hope to achieve with your overall look.
Don't Be Afraid to Ask Questions
Don't ever hesitate to speak up when you are getting worked on during your professional makeup appointment. This is your face, after all. You want to look your best. You likely have an idea in mind of what the final results will be. If something doesn't look or feel right during your appointment, ask questions. Express your concern. The makeup artist should happily answer any questions that you have.
Enjoy Getting Your Makeup Done
The overall process of having professional makeup done should be enjoyable and relaxing. You are pampering yourself after all; sit back, relax and let the cosmetician take care of you. The mood and ambiance of the room/space should ideally be conducive to just letting your cares slip away as you enjoy the overall experience. This is why many people go to a spa to have their makeup done, for precisely this reason.
If you consider a professional makeup service, you will first want to do your homework. Here is where online reviews genuinely are invaluable. Talk to others who've gone to professional makeup artists for their services. What was their experience like? This is how you can find out how good someone is regarding cosmetics. The key is to look at the experience as treating yourself to something you deserve.
You want to look and feel your best for a big event or special day, so why not have your makeup done by an experienced professional specializing in making clients look beautiful?